Wednesday, November 8, 2017

John Carpenter's Tales for a Halloween Night Vol. 2 (Halloween Comic Fest 2016)


This Halloween Comic Fest freebie is an selection from the second volume of John Carpenter's Tales for a Halloween Night. There's currently three volumes in this series that pits some of horror comics, film, and novels best and brightest together in an anthology series that rivals those old horror anthologies of the pre-code era. 

The story in this mini-comic 'The Traveler's Tale' was written by Carpenter himself. It has a treasure hunter stealing a beautiful box from a bazaar only to inherit the curse inside: a torso-less head with a personality and a set of coordinates that promise some special riches when found.

It wasn't the best story. I did like the twist ending. But the flow of the story was off to me. I'm sorry but it you title something as 'tales' then what you read- even if it's a mini comic- should have more than one story. 

 Let it be said, I would be more than willing to read the complete 200 page volume that this story was a sample of. I just wasn't happy with what I was offered. Yes, I'm saying it- I kinda felt gypped with this book even though I got it for free.

Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment