Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 10 #8



This was another bargain bid find. 

No, I'm not a Scooby or whatever it is that Buffy fans call themselves. I've never seen the show. The original movie starring Kristy Swanson, I have seen several times. I liked it. Wouldn't say that I am obsessed or anything with it.

Nevertheless, the main reason I got this issue was that it was a Halloween themed comic. It also helps that the cover says that this is a good starting point for new readers. So I wasn't so very lost. But some requirement in knowing what had happened in the previous 8 issues or so were greatly needed, especially in understanding who the villain was and his motives.

In terms of a story, it was pretty good. There were some very funny moments which I am told Buffy was known for. The artwork which was a collaboration between regular artist Rebekah Isaacs and guest Richard Corben (Batman: Black & White) was quite good too. I really dug the 1940s style cover by Steve Morris. I think that's what really persuaded me to want to get this book.

So am I Buffy fan now? Not really. Though if I found these books at my local library or something free like that, I would consider giving it further examination. But for now, I have a ton more stuff on my 'to-read' list that I want to get into first.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment