Thursday, October 31, 2019

Underdog #1 (2019 Halloween ComicFest Mini Comic)


Image result for underdog hcf 2019"
American Mythology has been introducing younger readers to a series of classic characters for the past 3-4 years. For the 2019 Halloween ComicFest, they present Underdog! 

A stretchy villain named Rubber Duck has just escaped prison! During his breakout, Rubber Duck winds up in a puddle of mysterious goo. In true comic book fashion, these chemicals have given the baddie a super power. 

Now, not only is Rubber Duck super flexible, but he's darn near invincible too! All of the city's banks are under siege! What is Capital City to do? 

Have no fear- Underdog is here!

This was an enjoyable read. My only complaint is that this story, plus the Colonel Bragg short and a couple of other Underdog extras were NOT Halloween themed.

I love American Mythology. I think that they are a great publisher who does release Halloween themed (regular sized) comics. But when it comes to their HCF offerings, none of them are holiday related. 

If I could get my wish, I would ask the publisher to start giving me advanced previews for my Family Comic Friday reviews. But if I could have a second wish it would be for the mini comics to be Halloween themed.

A fun read. It just doesn't quite get you into the Halloween mood. But I greatly appreciate the effort!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment