Issue #4 sees the crossover between the Fantastic Four and the residents of the Planet of the Apes coming to an end. I loved the ending as we find out why Doctor Doom had an interest in helping the Crimson Ghost become the de facto leader of the simian world. It opens up a possibility of a sequel. I know that I said in the review of the last issue that I don't want to see a sequel. And when it comes to the FF being involved, I don't. But I would be open to the X-Men or the Avengers taking a trip to the far flung future. Or maybe have Cornelius and Zira land on Earth-616. They do somehow time warp to modern day earth in the third movie in the original franchise. And their epic space flight is shown at the end.
Don't worry I didn't spoil anything. Blame the cover for that.
Speaking of the covers, I kept wondering why Sue Storm looks like Pam Anderson. And why was the look of Marvel's First Family so darn familiar. That's because the main cover artist is Greg Land, who did some of the covers for other FF series in the past. I think one of those series was Ultimate Fantastic Four.
An enjoyable read that ended at just the right time. But be sure all of your pages are properly cut. My second and third pages weren't and I went through the entire issue wondering how some serious plot changes occurred. Thanks to the conjoined pages, I had skipped it altogether and I didn't figure it out until after I finished the issue. So that is why my rating is just a bit lower than the other 3 issues. Yes, poor production values of the work are something I consider when evaluating them.
Worth Consuming!
Rating 8 out of 10 stars.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment