Thursday, July 6, 2017

Team America #7

Team America #7 (1982-1983) Marvel Comics. Written by Steven Grant. Art by Alan Kupperberg.

  I choose this book because I’ve been reading the Fred Hembeck Omnibus lately. Many of Hembeck's articles from this time period sings the praises of this motorcycle themed comic. Since I had an issue of this series in my collection, my interest was piqued to give it a try. (Note: I think I've read and reviewed this book before. But hey- nothing is wrong with a re-read!)

    While preparing for a race in Las Vegas, one of the members of the motorcycle racing team of Team America is kidnapped by a deadly cult. Due to a lawsuit, the police areforbidden from interfering Thus, it's up to the hostage’s teammates to save him.

This book from 1983 has promise. The cult was more suited for the 70s. Yet a clever storyline by Steven Grant made this a fairly entertaining adventure. There's this mysterious rider is black called the Maurader. What's his deal?

Plus, the artwork by Alan Kupperberg was very good. Amazing detail on all of the bikes and the overall all is extremely clean. But I don't think I'm going to keep it just because it's not really my thing.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment