Friday, February 1, 2008

"Being Good: A Short Introduction to Ethics"


NOT WORTH CONSUMING

What’s there to say about this book that would NOT get me sued for slander. I picked this book up because it looked interesting, had a really pretty cover (I tend not to judge by that, my wife DOES) And while some of the concepts were totally not my views and I had trouble understanding why many of the pictures were being used as examples for ethical concepts, I muddled through, trying to complete another book for my Dewey Decimal System project.

Then, I got to page 64!

On that page, the author claims that mothers (and DADs!)- though he calls them women, who suffer a miscarriage haven’t a loss of a life to grieve, but a loss of what could have been. And that a miscarriage isn’t a child and that it was without a soul. Well, that pissed me off!

No comments:

Post a Comment