Monday, December 17, 2012

DCU Infinite Holiday Special #1


DC did it again with this 2006 holiday special set against the backdrop of the Infinite Crisis and 52 story lines. Here Santa asks Shadowpact for help while Supergirl is tasked with brightening a little’s Christmas as Batwoman proves that there really are Hanukkah miracles.

But the best story is the Elseworlds themed tale in which Superman plays Santa to a little boy. The ending is totally unexpected and completely wild and I love it!

I hate that DC doesn’t do holiday specials anymore. Hopefully, that is a trend that will pass very soon. I understand they are busy with their New 52 story lines, but it’s been 2 Christmases now and we’ve gotten bupkis.

DC is also the better creator of Christmas and holiday themed specials. Hopefully, someone will read this plea and I’ll get my holiday wish.

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment