Thursday, January 3, 2013

DC Retroactive Batman: the 80s



   I don’t know who the Reaper is and I’ve yet to read Batman: Year Two, but I’m gonna! The lost tale involving the return of the Reaper was very good. But the reprint tale that begins Year Two was fantastic.

   Here, a young Bruce Wayne is attempting to finalize his Wayne Foundation office building, when Dr. Tompkins brings a young lady into the playboy’s life. Along the way, an old school vigilante named the Reaper has returned to Gotham and found that the city hasn’t been left in very good hands and he’s looking to do something about it.

   Great art. Amazing writing. I am so on the hunt for Batman: Year Two. I would have preferred a Denny O’Neil Batman issue, but Mike Barr did a fantastic job and he’s got me hooked!

   Worth Consuming.

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment