Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt #1


Peter Cannon Thunderbolt (1992-1993) #1

When your lead character gets thrashed in the first 5 pages and needs guest star Green Lantern to save him, you know the book’s in trouble.

As I am reading this tale about a blonde English boy raised by Tibetan monks, aided by a Vishanti in a turban, and fighting crime without any powers, I think to myself that this book would have worked well in the 40s. I soon find out in the Editor’s page, that Thunderbolt was an early Charlton Comics character that has yet to get his day until now (well, 1992.) Well, I am sad to say, I think that Thunderbolt’s day passed years ago. It might’ve worked in the early 80s, during Reagan’s nostalgic presidency. But, in the angst-ridden 90s, Thunderbolt just didn't work.

Not Worth Consuming

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment