Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DC Retroactive Green Lantern: The 90s #1



   When Kyle Raynor replaced Hal Jordan, I really didn’t feel adamant for or against it. The Green Lanterns is a police force and replacements come and go. So, it just made sense. I didn’t hate Raynor- he just wasn’t very exciting to me.

   This issue doesn’t really do very much to reinforcement my favoring of the character. When it comes to using the ring, he’s more creative and he’s more fun loving. But, if I had to pick a Lantern that I’d much rather read about, Kyle would be lower down in the list behind more interesting Lanterns like Jordan, Guy Gardner, Kilowog, Tomar Re, and C'hip.

   The art is good for both the lost tale and reprint. The stories are well written as well. It was an enjoyable read, but it didn’t light a fire under me to go out and start reading 90s Green Lantern books either.

   Worth Consuming.

   Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment