Saturday, February 16, 2013

Marvel Fanfare #19


Marvel Fanfare (1982-1992) #19

The entire content of issue #19 features Cloak & Dagger, one of the least familiar Marvel duos to this reader. I know they’re some kind of metaphor for teen runaways and drug use in the 80s. But, even then, they just weren’t my cup of tea.

This story focuses on how Dagger needs Cloak to keep her grounded and vice versa. When the two separate, the drug lords of the Big Apple look to take down their biggest competition.

Again, I am just not a Cloak & Dagger fan. Their appearances in Vaughn’s Runaways are amongst my least favorite issues of that series. This issue being all C&D is perhaps one of my least favorite of the entire series. But, I will give credit to quality writing and artwork when it is due. Here in issue #19, the artwork is stunning, the pin-ups of the pair are fantastic, and the story is very good. I guess these crimefighters just rub me the wrong way.

Worth Consuming- if you are a Cloak and Dagger fan.

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment