Friday, February 22, 2013

Marvel Fanfare #20


Marvel Fanfare (1982-1992) #20

In a Defenders tale of strange proportions, Doctor Strange is held prisoner in one of those mystic universes of his. Using his projection ability, he recruits the Thing to the rescue. Things look really good until one of Thing’s all-time greatest foes is recruited by Strange’s captor.

If this issue was just this story, I’d give it the maximum allotted amount of stars. However, about half of the book is taken up by pin-ups. The art is very good and it includes some of my favorite marvel characters including several famous Asgardians. But, when I buy a book, I expect a story- not a mere portfolio of great art. There must be a balance of both for me to feel like I got my money’s worth.

Worth Consuming.
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment