Sunday, March 8, 2015

Jada's Leaving Gotham but is Fish Mooney Doomed?

Jada Pinkett Smith Leaving Gotham


   This week the news broke that Jada Pinkett Smith is leaving the hit TV show Gotham. So, while I feel that we will all be missing out on her tremendous presence on the show, I don't think this is the end of the criminal Fish Mooney.

   My theory contains some spoilers so, if you don't want to know my theory, I suggest you leave now (but please feel free to stick around my blog and check out some of my other articles and reviews.)

Spoilers begin now...

   See, Fish has fled Gotham after her plans to dethrone Boss Falcone backfired. She took a boat out of town. But safety was not to come as Mooney's boat was attacked and she was shanghaied to a mysterious island compound. There, her and other prisoners are to be used for medical experiments and as forced organ donors.

    Recently, Mooney was taken to a medical ward and told that her eyes were to be harvested for a paying customer. Given the option of blindness or death, Mooney chose option 3 and scooped out her own eye with a spoon and squashed it flat. She woke up from her trauma to discover that she was given a new eye but due to a supply shortage on pupils, the emerald-eyed villainess was given a crystal blue eye. So, like a Saluki, she has mismatched colored eyes now.

  On last Monday's episode (that I just watched on my DVR today)  Fish was later given a tour of the facility where she and the head doctor of the facility stumble upon a patient of the clinic. The woman is in a wheelchair with a wrap over her face. The doctor reveals that she was given a new kidney and he threw in a new face for free as the patient's previous one was old and wrinkled.

   When I first heard of Jada Pinkett Smith leaving the show, I was convinced that she's going to die in some tragic way. But after watching the latest episode, I'm convinced that is not the case.

   So, here's my theory-

   On a classic episode of FRIENDS, the character Joey learns that he will be assuming the role of a veteran actress being fired from the soap opera Days of Our Lives. In a weird twist, Joey's Dr. Drake Ramoray will be given a brain transplant- thus Drake will now be the actress' character Jessica!

 So, I think Fish Mooney is going to remain on the show but she'll be played by a new actress! The woman in the wheelchair from last week was an Easter egg! The facility has perfected face transplants and in order for Fish Mooney to ever be able to show her's in Gotham City again, she must assume a new identity.

I'm willing to bet that on the last episode of this season, we'll see Fish 'dying' at the hands of the mad doctor or the raging prisoners being harvested for organ transplant. But in the very last scene, we'll view a woman looking over Gotham Harbor. She'll say something like "It's good to be back," but we will not know who see is. The camera will then pan around and we'll see this new woman's face only it have one green eye and one icy blue. Fish Mooney will have returned.

So, what do you think? Does this theory have merit? Have I hit the nail on the head or am I way off? Let me know what you think...






No comments:

Post a Comment