Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Krusty Comics #1



Bongo Comics usually does a super job on their multitude of Simpsons titles. This is the exception to the rule. In this premier issue that stars Krusty the Clown, the town of Springfield gets a new theme park. But knowing the notoriously cheap clown, he's going to cut corners and that involves the safety of the park goers.

  Cue the cliffhanger....

   Ugh, that makes me so angry. I hate a cliffhanger. None of the other Simpsons comics have cliffhangers (I do give except to the Simpsons/ Futurama crossovers, but they say 'book 1/2' on the cover.) Apparently Krusty Comics is a 3-part miniseries. So, if you are expecting to enjoy a single issue story- well just don't.

   There is a couple of backup features, including one story about Sideshow Mel that too ends with 'To be Continued..." That really is beyond the pale in my book. The Mr. Teeny adventure was funny and so was Bart's map of Krustyland but neither really could save this comic from making me happy with it.

  However, I do hold this issue in some esteem as a very elaborate splash page involving Lionel Hutz reading the providers of Krusty's property contract helped inspire me in a splash page problem I was having with a comic book story due to be published later this year. For that help alone, Krusty #1 will be a permanent part of my collection but it doesn't deem it worth consuming in my book.

   Rating: 3 out of 10 stars.






No comments:

Post a Comment