Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wolverines #13


Wolverines (2015) #13
   In the wake of Logan's death, someone has been buying up stolen memorabilia of his. But it's not to take advantage of the post-mortem  craze that usually occurs when a celebrity dies. Instead, this buyer is looking to become the new James Howlett of the Marvel Universe... and that can only mean one person: Deadpool!!!

   Looking to become the mutant hero nobody deserves (or asked for) Wade Wilson takes up a passion for hockey, drinking Canadian beer and calling everyone 'Bub.' Wolver-Pool even tries to make his first appearance complete by taking on the Hulk, but all he can find is She-Hulk and she's busy getting ready for a major court deposition in about 30 minutes. Just wait until the original owner of the memorabilia comes calling because he's got a strong list of contacts from his years of special-ops that can make life very difficult for the Merc with a Mouth.

    I'm not at all sure to rate this book. This is my first dip in the Wolverines wading pool (neat pun, huh?) According to the first page, which provides a type of  'Meanwhile..." backstory of the previous 12 issues, the Wolverines is comprised of Mystique, Sabretooth, Logan-clone X-23, Lady Deathstrike, and Wolverine's son Daken. But none of those characters appears in this issue. 

   This story is strictly about Deadpool and perhaps his most insane scheme yet. Why he is the star of this issue and not the line-up of five I mentioned earlier is beyond me. I got this issue out of a grab bag and thanks to the loony cover, I just had to read it. I'm very glad I did, but it doesn't give me any real idea about what this series is really like. Maybe Wade joins the Wolverines in the next issue. But, without any of the established set of teammates appearing in this book, if someone on the street were to ask me if this was a series worth collecting, I honestly couldn't give them a yes or no answer.

    But if you love Deadpool...if you love She-Hulk...if you love Marvel's zany side, then yes- but all means, BUY THIS ISSUE!!! The story by Chris Soule is fresh and funny. The art by Jason Masters and grittily colored by Guy Major is awesome. It's a home run and thus far my favorite issue of 2015!

    It's Worth Consuming that much!

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment