Monday, September 28, 2015

Banned Books Week, 2015: Some Suggested Readings

Today marks the beginning of Banned Books Week. It's one of my favorite weeks of the year as it gives me a chance to speak out against censorship while pointing out some great books that you might have overlooked. I'll be posting more about BBW, with links, suggestions, and more. 

   Today, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund issued a list of banned graphic novels that fans of the comic book medium might have overlooked. Below is a link to the suggested titles that the CBLDF listed on their Facebook page. 

   Thanks to them and their ideas, I think this might very well be the week I finally read Art Speigelman's Maus (#15) a comic account of the Holocaust in which Jews are portrayed as Mice and the Nazis as Cats. 

   Happy Reading!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment