Monday, October 5, 2015

G-Man, Volume 3: Coming Home


  

   G-Man, his older brother Great Man, and friends return to print AND earth after their adventures of the Cape Crisis. The pair of heroic has been missing all summer and presumed dead (though it was only  a few hours for the young heroes and their stay in Magic Mountain. ) But not everyone is happy with their return as the leader of an intergalactic police force wants the boys captured so that the cape and belt that give them superpowers (and neutralizes the policemen's suits) can be destroyed.                        

    I really like G-Man, but I had to go back and review volume 2. It's been a while since I last read this series and I needed a refresher course. I'm not sure if it was my being lost as to what happened in the previous book, but I didn't enjoy the first couple of chapters so much.                                                      
  
   Series creator, Chris Giarusso ( Mini Marvels) did a good job telling of the young heroes return. Yet this volume didn't get back to that level of quality I expected from this series until the boys took on the space police with the help from the Color Guardians. By the fifth and final chapter, when the boys save their new baby brother from the Stork, I was laughing my head off. The oddball humor of having the Stork act like the mythical Sphinx was what I DO EXPECT from Giarusso's all ages series from Image Comics.            

    One thing that didn't change was Giarusso's deft cartoonish style and bright color palette. It's iconic and super clean. So clean, the art along with this book's content will make even the pickiest moms smile.    

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment