Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm Still Here...


 


   Folks, I've not blogged in forever this week, but it's not because I've stopped Madman With a Book. In my secret identity, I'm an ill-tempered sous chef in corporate catering. (There are no mild-mannered chefs- it's a myth.) Taking this into account, work has been killer. 

   My head chef's been out this week, so I am the chef on duty. We've had double caterings all week and about 30-extra at lunch. Being a man down, this wipes you out. 

   Then last night, I worked double shifts, doing security at the John Cleese/ Eric Idle show. Being a Madman isn't cheap you know. While getting greeted by them was great and it was lots of fun, you just can't blog while on the job folks. 

   Plus, added to all this extra work, I got a call on Monday for a job interview teaching culinary- my dream job. But you just don't walk into a job interview for culinary empty handed. I had to build up my portfolio again. That meant finding my letters of recommendation, printing photos of food, organizing menus, recipes, etc. It's a lot of extra work. Work that's worth it, but it keeps you from doing other things like writing reviews, reading books, or other things you do to pass the time. 

    But things should quiet down a bit. That means I'll be back writing, reviewing, and READING in no time. I should be able to get my last Halloween Family Comic Friday out tomorrow. But I will not have another spooky kids book to review in time for trick-or-treating. Sorry. But stay tuned, I've got a couple of books in my cubby reading to get read and that can only add to your reading list for next year.

   Thanks for understanding and Happy Reading... 

No comments:

Post a Comment