Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Peter Panzerfaust, Volume 3: Cry of the Wolf


    The World War II retelling of the legend of Peter Pan continues with Peter and his team of resistance fighters continuing to bring the fight to the Nazis in occupied France. The notorious Hook has supposedly been vanquished but when the Braves intercept a communique with a familiar signature, Peter is in more danger than believed imaginable. Could there be a traitor in the Lost Boys midst?

    I was more than happy with the ending to volume 2. Though I knew that Peter's story wasn't over, if that was how co-creators Kurtis J. Wiebe and Tyler Jenkins chose to end the series, I would have been satisfied with it. I was a little uncertain as to if I thought to continue the story of Panzerfaust was a wise choice. But with by the end of this volume, I not only was glad that Peter's tale progressed,  I began to long for it to not stop. Thankfully, at least 2 more volumes of this compelling series are waiting for me to find them.

    The art is still pretty rough. But it's gritty and fanciful at the same time. With the spoils of war unfolding the way they do in this book in so many unexpected ways, it actually fits in with the subject matter perfectly.

    A must read for fans of fantasy reboots, Peter Pan, or just darn good war tales.


    Worth Consuming.

    Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment