Saturday, January 30, 2016

Classic Star Wars, Volume 2: Rebel Storm



    Continuing the newspaper series by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson. In this collection, the Rebellion sniffs out a traitor amongst some new allies, Han enters Chewie in a gladiator match to the death to retrieve a mystical gem, Luke faces an ancient evil lurking in the Massassi Temples on Yavin, Darth Vader christens his super star destroyer, The Executor, and the Mon Calamari join the rebellion.

   The stories are excellent and I think after 2 volumes, I finally have the unique pacing down pat. But what I really love is the artwork. Not every panel of Luke, Han, and Leia look like their real life counterparts. But the renderings of droids, Lord Vader, and vehicles by the talented artist, Al Williamson is stunning! It also helps that the editorial team at Dark Horse did a museum quality job on the restoration and coloring of these strips.

   I am so glad that I have volume #3. This book ends on a cliffhanger and I don' think I could wait very long to find out what happens next in what is, unfortunately, the swan song to a fantastic run of Star Wars universe tales.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment