Thursday, January 21, 2016

Peter Panzerfaust, Volume 4: The Hunt


   
  The World War II twist on the Peter Pan legend continues with Peter's team in disarray. After Hook's ambush in volume 3, some teammates have disappeared, some retired, and some died. Why I can't even tell you where the Darling family wandered off to. Even worse- Peter's been captured by the Nazis!!!

   The focus of this volume is on Tiger Lily and her husband Julien. Lily's father died in the assault. So, it's up to the young woman to avenge his death by rounding up and disbursing with Hook's men in a most violent fashion. As revenge turns into dogged obsession, a rift in the relationship between husband and wife forms. Will Tiger Lily end up losing more than her father in this second war to end all wars?

   This fantastic series by Image just keeps surprising me. There're so many similarities to the Pan legend. Yet, Panzerfaust is not a modern war rehash of everything I know, seen, and read about Peter and his Lost Boys. 

   The last two volumes ended in such a way that I would've been okay if that was the end to Peter's story. That's not the case here. No, I didn't hate this book. It's just that this chapter doesn't have a satisfying enough conclusion for me to say 'It can end here!" Unfortunately, I can't find any evidence of when volume 5 will drop and I just can't wait to know what happens next.

    I may have to buy some back issues...

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment