Friday, June 3, 2016

Cardboard (Family Comic Friday)


Cardboard (2012) #HC 

I don’t care if this is more of a kid's graphic novel than geared for adults, Doug TenNapel has done it again. I'm such a fan of his works and this one ranks up there are one of the best.

TenNapel is so good, his books are destined for Disney Pixar status. The characters are real, full of emotion and pathos that transpires on the page. Not to mention quirky plots that just scream for a chance to be on the silver screen.

Here, a young boy and his out of work dad come across some magic cardboard that can bring anything to life. The caveat is that the duo is instructed to A) not ask for more cardboard and B) return any unused portions to the seller. Making matters worse, the neighborhood bully has sights on stealing the cardboard for himself in order to make an army of corrugated monsters.

A fantastic story. One of my favorites of TenNapel’s. The character of Boxer Bill might be one of my all-time favs. I loved this book and I cannot wait for the author’s next offering!

Worth Consuming.

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment