Thursday, June 9, 2016

Adventures of Supergirl #3

    Following her battle with Vril Dox, Supergirl is thrust into a nightmarish world of zombified loved ones, alien hybrids, and werewolf hordes.

    This issue was an interesting mix of alternate versions of the Girl of Steel without delving into the concept of the multiverse. I'm sure we'll see that play out next season during the planned Supergirl/Arrow/Flash/Legends Of Tomorrow crossover event. But gee, there's a lot of Supergirl variants that I didn't realize are out there.

     Once again, DC has brought me running back to my LCS to get another chapter of the Supergirl TV tie-in! That's 3 first run issue purchases in a row. I'm hooked and this is a great way to wait out the summer hiatus. And though this was not the best issue of the series thus far, it was an enjoyable read. The mystery of who's behind these attacks on Supergirl is compelling and I will be snatching up the next segment on the day when it hits shelves in a couple of weeks in hopes of finding that answer.

   My only problem with this series is something I have mentioned previously- the rendering of Supergirl. Cover artist Cat Staggs kills it with stunning photo-realistic drawings of actress Melissa Benoist. So if DC will allow that, then why can't they make the images of Supergirl in the story look like the actress as well? Everyone else in this series looks like their live action counterparts! So why does Kara Zor-El Danvers look like she would in a non-TV tie-in DC comic book?

    DC has made comic book adaptations of both the Flash and Arrow TV shows. Though I haven't read those yet, I doubt that the lead characters weren't sketched to look like Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin! So get with it DC- make Supergirl look super!

   Worth Consuming 

  Rating: 8.5 out of 10!        

No comments:

Post a Comment