Saturday, July 16, 2016

Flashpoint: Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #1


   With Emperor Aquaman controlling the seven seas with an iron grip, the only humans brave enough to sail them are pirates. Amongst the most feared are the Warlord aboard the Skartaris and ruthless Slade Wilson, AKA Deathstroke and his converted whaler, the Ravager. Right now, Deathstroke has the Skartaris on his radar, as it is rumored that the Warlord has his kidnapped daughter. But his search my be short as the Ravager has just run afoul of a certain King of Atlantis...
    Another exciting chapter in the Flashpoint universe. Normally, Deathstroke is a bad-ass assassin and the constant scourge of the Teen Titans. Never in 100 years if you asked me to come up with an alternate timeline variation of Slade Wilson, I don't think I would ever come up with making him a Somali-style pirate. 
     I don't have a clue where this is going and I actually like that! Having over 36-years experience as a comic book enthuiast, I've read my fair share of storylines and quite a few have become quite predictable. Well folks, the Curse of the Ravager is anything but! 
     A great opening segment! 

    Worth Consuming

    Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment