Thursday, July 14, 2016

Tales of Supernatural Law (Volume 1)

   All Rise!!! Court is now in session. The cases will be defended by the law firm of Wolff & Byrd, the Counselors of the Macabre.  On the docket today is Tales of Supernatural Law.

Case #001- A twist on the Curse of the Monkey's Paw legend when a beloved family pet is wished back from the dead, things don't turn out as they should.
Case #002- The Curse of the Were-House, a lovely two-story home that turns into a haunted house every full moon.
Case #003- A civil case involving zombie workers who've decided to go on strike.
Case #004- The People Vs. Common Decency... A horror TV host from the 1950s on the verge of a comeback is accused of promoting juvenile delinquency.
Case #005- A super model is accused of violating the contract with her modeling agency. She is counter-suing that the hot shot behind the agency used magic to change her appearance. Can the team of Wolff and Byrd see to it that the evidence WEIGHS in her favor?
Case #006- Dracula, yes THE Dracula, sues the sideshow industry for copyright infringement.

  Lastly before the court adjourns to sunny San Diego for the annual Lawyer Convention, the Counselors of the Macabre will seek to postpone the sad case of Sodd, The Thing That's an It, a young man tragically turned into a walking pile of foliage.
    As you can see from this full case load, there are tons of great law stories with a supernatural edge to them. I had read this book years ago when I first discovered the series at my local library. Now that I am collecting the series, I wanted to re-read this collection. I loved it then and I think after my trip down memory lane, I have fallen that much more in love with Supernatural Law.
    I guess artist/writer/creator Batton Lash has cast a spell on me.

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment