Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Three Stooges: Halloween Hullaballoo (Halloween Comic Fest 2016)

With today being Halloween Comic Fest, I thought it was only fitting to review an offering from last year's event. 

This 2016 holiday themed book by American Mythology offers a variety of stories starring those merry pranksters from Hollywood of old, the Three Stooges. My favorite yarns involved the Stooges getting mixed up in a zombie apocalypse, some trick or treat hi-jinx gone wrong and a very special sneak peak of a one-shot special titled The Curse of Frankenstooge. That last one is based on a classic Stooges shot in which the guys meet Dr. Frankenstein's greatest creation. I really want that one and I've added it to my wish list!

There was some awesome pictures of the guys in their heyday, along with some cut-out masks, and a couple of one-pagers from their Gold Key and Dell Comics titles in the 1960s. The more stuff I read from American Mythology, the more I dig their retro style and desire to bring back some classic properities from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.  As an added treat- I dare you to find the Shemp Easter egg hiding somewhere inside!

A great read, perfect for Halloween fun without scaring you too much. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment