Monday, March 12, 2018

The Prisoner: Shattered Visage, Book B


Former secret agent Alice Drake has just spent her first night in the abandoned Village. Only for an abandoned village, there seems to be quite a few occupants here. 

I think it's extremely fitting that they writers named this new character Alice for she's a lot like another girl named Alice who went to Wonderland and peered through the looking glass. 

Our Alice is confronted by two very strange characters. The portly and grotesque Number 2 who is a lot like the Red Queen wanting to kill his old adversary Number 6. Speaking of which, Number 6 is a lot like the Mad Hatter now. Years of torture, abuse and loneliness have twisted Number 6's mind to be just like the tea party host. There's little bits of genius still floating around in that old noggin of his. You just have to weed through the insanity to find it.

Dean Motter's artwork hasn't ceased to amaze me. It's a visually stunning masterpiece that I think is quite under-appreciated. 

In terms of the much maligned story- it's not bothered me either. Though, I must sheepishly admit, I had to take a little refresher course on remembering just who this version of Number 2 was. 

Don't bash me. If anything, this lapse in memory just calls for me to re-watch the entire series again. Is that so bad?

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment