Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hungry Ghosts #3


The third issue of Hungry Ghosts could be summarized as a major pain in the tuchus. That's because the horrors are all about digestion. And well, you know where it all comes out in the end...

Both stories, 'Deep' and 'Boil In The Belly,' are pretty gross, major-league gruesome and not for the faint of heart. 

DEEP- I thought that the first story started out really good. It's about a sadistic sous chef who makes life hell for the low man on the restaurant totem pole. But I thought that the ending was very flat. I wanted a more definitive ending.

Boil In The Belly-  Now this story had an ambiguous ending and I loved it. It kinda explains what the title of Hungry Ghosts means and it was drawn by one of my favorite guilty pleasure artists, Paul Pope.

There's only one issue left and it's promised to be the most intense story of them all! I can't wait. 

Hungry Ghosts #3 debuted in print and digital mediums on March 28, 2018.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment