Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Flintstones, Volume 2: Bedrock Bedlam


The rebooted adventures of everyone's favorite stone family concludes in this volume. Mark Russell's (PREZ) take continues to be both edgy and classic at the same time. I actually hated to see this series go. It was refreshing to have a socially conscious comic book to read without every punchline ending with the words 'Donald Trump.' This series actually proves that in the modern world you can skewer all sides of the same coin without getting old and predictable.

I didn't have a perfect experience with this book. Sadly, one of my favorite characters got killed off and it actually left me a little heartbroken. Thankfully, there's a happy ending of sorts to that tragedy. But GEEZ- what did XXXXXXXXX have to die?

An enjoyable read with art by Scott Hanna, Rick Leonardi and Steve Pugh. Plus, don't skip over the gallery section as there's a slew of really great variant covers and sketch pages.

I can't believe I am gonna say this but hopefully, this isn't the end of the new Flintstones!

I want a return trip to Bedrock!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment