Sunday, May 13, 2018

Bob's Burgers 2018 FCBD Edition


Bob's Burgers is one of those shows where you'd think I'd be a huge fan of. it It's about the food industry. Each daily special is a pun. Plus it has Patton Oswalt!

But the artwork of the characters freak me out a little. I cannot tell if the way the characters are drawn is supposed to be funny or it's mocking toward people with Treacher Collins Syndrome. And that just really bugs me. 

But upon my most reason celebration of Free Comic Book Day 2018, I decided to give the comic book a try. In this issue, there's a parody of Where the Wild Things Are as well as the James Cameron epic, Titanic. Then Bob gets his hands on some magical pineapples and his shop has a tremendous day of sales. But what will happen when the eatery runs out of pineapple and the clientele is still hangry!?

All three stories, written by the artists and staff of the popular Fox animated series, was very good. Oddly enough, none of the artwork in this book looked at all like the characters do on the TV. I'm not sure why that is. Honestly, I preferred the way Bob and his family look in the comic book than on the show. But I doubt highly that the animators will ever change how the characters are drawn.

This 2018 Free Comic Book Day release was a fun read and I liked the artwork renderings better than the original. Will this make me an avid reader of Bob's Burgers? Probably not. But I liked what I read, and that's the important thing. Right?

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment