Monday, August 6, 2018

Harley Quinn Volume 4: Vengeance Unlimited


This volume of Harley Quinn sees a new creative team of A.J. Lieberman, Mike Huddleston and Troy Nixey. With this new team Harley Quinn becomes dark--- very dark.

First Harley creates for herself a new persona and begins seeing patients again. As she unlocks her patients inner-most secrets, Harley becomes the target of a killer with a penchant for puzzles.

Then Harley takes on a gig that will net her a nice nest egg. Only, the target she's meant to obtain is a young orphan. As a devil Harley and an angel Harleen perch themselves on the shoulders of the Joker's ex-girlfriend, will Quinn listen to her heart or her checkbook?

I was okay with the change of tone. And I find it quite odd. I hate it when Deadpool gets crapped on. Yet I am strangely okay with it when the crap hits the fan for Harley. I have nothing but love for Harley Quinn. I think (MAYBE) the reason why I'm not so fazed by it is that I know that such tragedy is important for the villainess to escape her abusive relationship from the Joker.

One thing that bothered me to no end was that there was this great story set up involving the Joker, Harley and her new beau, a police detective. Supposedly, Harley was going to use the cop to pull off a heist of drug money. Yet, by the next issue, this plot line is completely abandoned. Man, that irks me!!!

A very good look at the pain and sufferings of Harley Quinn. Now that I've read all of this series, it's on to find the next collection of stories starring the Maid of Mischief!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment