Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The Prisoner #1 (2018)


Justice League Dark’s Peter Milligan explores the mysterious Village just in time for the 50th anniversary of the cult classic British TV series. The forces behind the Village have kidnapped an operative of MI5 in order to extract information. Knowing their sinister plans, Agent Breen is secretly ordered to go rogue in hopes to be captured as well.

Once in the Village, Breen is to learn more about the operations of the Village and save the missing agent. The assignment seems very cut and dry. But what Agent Breen doesn't expect is that he too will be subjected to the same mind-probing techniques perfected by the Village overlords.

Welcome to the Village, Number Six!

For a first issue, this wasn't bad. Milligan did his research for this. The absence of the late, great Patrick McGoohan was deeply felt. But that's nothing you can blame Milligan for.

I've been looking forward to this book for quite a while. I'm a huge fan of the franchise. I got every issue new but I hated having to wait a month for a new chapter!

The art by Colin Lorimer is pretty good. But I had trouble figuring out who was who. Some of the characters are very generic looking. But some fault might be placed on poor introduction of the players by the author. Or it falls on the artist. Not quite sure...

I loved the Mike Allred cover. I just had to get it! I kinda wish he did the interior art and even the plotting. This series is right in his field house.

A good start to the series. I'm expecting that the best is yet to come!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment