Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Tick, FCBD 2019


The free comic I look forward to every first Saturday in May. I am just in awe of The Tick. He's funny. He's odd. He's insane. 

An annual dose of The Tick, Arthur and their friends as well as legions of enemies is just what I need to stay sane in a crazy world. 

In this issue, The Tick meets his biggest fan. Eager to show Tick and Arthur is collections of everything Big and Blue, this collector invites the heroes to his house to try 'the world's greatest meatloaf." But Tick and his little buddy should be careful or they'll end up the latest addition to this super fan's cache of treasures.

Then we get a very unusual tale about Tick's time in Borneo. (When was Tick ever in Borneo??) Injured while battling some dinosaurs, our hero awakes with the ability to speak like a coyote as well as the coyote desire to leisure in trees. So, of course,The Tick becomes a member of Borneo's coyote population. 

Both stories were great laughs. It's the kind of oddity I yearn for. There's also a couple of shorts starring Tick and Artie (The insect world's version of our heroes) and a slew of cameos of fan favorites who have appeared over the years in the pages of The Tick.

This is the 10th anniversary issue and I have every issue but one. However, thanks to a 'letter from the editor' at the beginning, I have discovered that NEC Press skipped a Free Comic Book Day for some reason. So my hunt for the missing issue is over as I now know it never existed.

Tons of fun this issue is. I hope you didn't miss out. If not, check out your LCS. They might still have a copy or two on hand!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment