Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Cosmic Ghost Rider: Baby Thanos Must Die

It's not often that I find a comic book so insane, so bizarre and it having absolutely nothing to do with Harley Quinn, Deadpool or The Tick! Yet, that's exactly what I have found here with Cosmic Ghost Rider!

I'm not sure how this happened (or even what universe this occurs in), but Frank Castle, AKA The Punisher, has not only become a Ghost Rider but also a former herald of Galactus as well as the previous major domo of Thanos. Having witnessed unimaginable horrors at the hands of Thanos, Castle decides to change history by killing the Mad Titan as a baby before any killings can occur!

Did writer Donny Cates (Thanos Wins) have something to do with Avengers: Endgame? This sort of thing was discussed in length between Professor Hulk, Ant Man and Rhodey in the 2019 movie. Only here in the comics, Frank Castle has a sudden change of heart and decides to kidnap baby Thanos and change history by teaching him the ways of non-violence! (Yeah-like that's gonna work!) 

The art by Dylan Burnett (X-Force) wasn't bad. But it lacked a polish to it. Yet, based on the content of this book with is anything but prim and proper, it fits. I actually find myself enthralled by the vibrant palette of colorist Antonio Fabela (Skyward). It's gritty and yet full of energizing pastels that make for a trippy cosmic scene. And Oh My God, those covers! Stunning!

This book is filled with a countless number of cameos, unimaginable insane violence and cosmic wackiness! It clearly lived up to it's parental advisory! I loved it and I did not want it to end! 

If ever DC and Marvel do crossovers again, I would love for this version of Frank Castle to meet up with the Last Czarnian, Lobo! I think the duo could do some serious but quite crazy damage! But man would I just be in heaven with every moment of it!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment