Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Scooby-Doo, Volume 6: Space Fright

A wonderful collection of Scooby-Doo comics from DC Comcs and Cartoon Network. I must have an affinity for digests because I truly think that if I had found this as a trade, I probably would have passed it up. But you shrink any comic book down to a 4x4 (or so) size and I am all about making it a part of my collection. I think it has something to do with those amazing DC and Archie digest that were an integral part of my childhood. Not to mention an affordable way to own a bunch of stories!

In this collection, the Mystery Inc. gang investigate alien abductions, the Men in Black, a swamp monster, a mer-creature and a messy tar creature! 

The artwork by Joe Staton and Andrew Pepoy was perfect! The gang never looked better. And those monsters! Hanna-Barbera always knocked it out of the park with the menacing look of those baddies on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? Both artists do phenomenal jobs on the villains in this book- especially all that was done on that mer-creature! Beautiful- in a creepy sort of way!

While this Scooby series ran from 1997-2010, finding much from it is hard to find. As usual, kids comics didn't really survive their readers.T hese things got read all and that mean wear and tear and spillage and God knows what else. Oh, and if you think that finding individual issues is tough, guess again. This digest was the first of it's sort that I've ever run across. But if you can find a copy in good shape- I highly recommend.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment