Friday, January 3, 2020

Kaijumax: Season One TPB


A combination of Godzilla movies and the HBO drama OZ. Imagine there is a island in which after a kaiju destroys a major city, it's captured and sent to a maximum security island for rehabilitation. 

This twist on the prison drama has a lot of the usual cliches. There's the inmates who've found religion. The slimy prison guard whose running a side racket inside the penitentiary. The crime capo whose running things behind bars. There's the newbie whose considered fresh meat. And there are those acts of unspeakable depravity and gall. 

While the cliches are there in this book, because of the sci-fi nature of the characters, there's some twists to this book as well. So while I feel like I've seen this before, Kaijumax is unlike anything I've ever seen or read, before!

While parts of this book made me quite uncomfortable, I was in awe of this book. Zander Cannon's (Star Trek: The Next Generation) labor of love was something that I couldn't look at yet couldn't put down at the same time. I liken the feeling to a driver who passes by a car accident- He does want to look at the carnage, but he can't stop looking in the wreck's direction either. 

I really want to read season 2!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment