Saturday, March 14, 2020

Bart Simpson, Vol. 9: Class Clown

Trying times call for distractions. There's just about no better distraction to me than a comic book. But some comics still hit a little too close to home. Thankfully, that's not been the case with Bongo Comics' various titles based on beloved Simpsons characters. 

In this collection of stories from the Bart Simpsons line, the spiky-haired dude gets into a bunch of hairy situations. My favorites included the resurrection of Truck-a-saurus, a hilarious tree house caper involving Milhouse, Ralph and an ancient text and the various stories devoted to that masked protector of Springfield, Bartman! The Professor Frink short was charming and that story in which Mrs Krabappel is forced to move in with the Simpsons was funny too. Unfortunately, I can't recall any other stories. 

I seem to think that there was a Comic Book Guy adventure and one or two stories devoted to Itchy and Scratchy. But I can't remember. 

Sadly, I didn't find myself laughing out loud that much. I don't think it's because I hated this book. I'm more afraid that the whole Coronavius thing has permeated everyday life so much, that my Ha-Ha distraction ended up being more Hoo-Hum.

Worth Consuming! but I really can't recall if I truly loved this whole book or not...

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment