Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Spongebob Freestyle Funnies Free Comic Book Day 2017

Being on COVID lock-down, I have been catching up on comics that I haven't had a chance to get to. I dug into my 2017 offerings from that year's Free Comic Book Day recently. (Yeah, I am that far behind!) I decided that I needed some laughs. So I choose a few funny books to read in the mean time.

In this Spongebob story, Mr. Krabs learns that the local comic book stores are giving away free comics. To the entrepreneur, that means a chance to make some money! But with most of the comic book stores already out of comics or closed, Mr. Krabs chances at striking it rich as a speculator are pretty much dashed.

But there's hope. One lone store is still open. But it's all the way over in a forbidden/foreboding area outside the city limits of Bikini Bottom! 

I'm not really a Spongebob person. My brother-in-law is. But that's fine. Other than not knowing who most of these characters are, I really got a laugh out of this book! 

The cover is a great tribute cover to the very first comic book ever published. Plus, the comics that Mr. Krabs and company come across are some great ocean themed parodies! Lots of fun!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment