Monday, April 13, 2020

The Grumpy Guide to Life: Observations from Grumpy Cat

I don't know if I have ever said it in this blog, but I have gone on record as to have said 'I miss Grumpy Cat.' I also miss L'il Bub. Last year, both beloved feline icons died. And it seems like the world has just gone to heck without them.

That's why I am so glad that I found this cute little book devoted to the wit, wisdom and irritation of Grumpy Cat (AKA Tartar Sauce.) 

Having crippling social anxiety and Reynaud's Syndrome, I can relate to Grumpy in terms of not desiring to being around people. With the anxiety, I'm just a ticking time bomb of fear. With Reynaud's, my skin hurts all the time and I do not want to be touched. I am just miserable. 

So, reading a couple hundred pages of someone else who doesn't like to be bothered really sticks with me.

I also am a cat person. I get along with dogs. But cats are my jam! They can be so chill and relaxing. And as someone who loves books, cats just really seem a better fit when you want to sit and devour a good book. 

This book is also filled with dozens of funny and adorable pictures of Grumpy. There's a couple of pics of Grumpy with her sibling Pokey! 

If you are looking for a laugh, especially in this time of social distancing, then you must read the writings of the master of wanting to be alone!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment