Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Alan Robert's Killogy Halloween Special

Thanks to a grab bag of comics given to me as a Christmas gift, I became the proud owner of this Halloween one-shot. This 2014 special is set in the Killogy universe. For those of you not familiar with Killogy it's a series in which 3 killers share tales of how they ended up in prisoner. Set during a zombie apocalypse, the interesting thing about that story is that the main characters are based on the likeness of celebrities Marky Ramone (Ramones), Frank Vincent (The Sopranos) and Brea Grant (Heroes). 

That trio isn't in this story. Instead, former Misfits guitarist Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein is the main character in a creepy story that pits together zombism, cannibalism, fetishism and several other fetishes that haven't even been discovered yet. 

I'm pretty tired out with the zombie genre. But this special had a few twists that made this story quite refreshing in a originality sort of way. The level of violence and gore was pretty gross. Yet due to all of the unimaginable shocks in this book, I ended my readings wanting more. Maybe a hunt for the Killogy original series trade might be on my horizon.

On the flip side of this book, you get an introduction to another new series by Alan Robert. Shunned One is about the spectre of Death whom after being ordered to take several innocent souls, goes rogue on those who wronged those wrongly damned. Very scary stuff. But gosh-darn it, I was hooked. 

I'm name familiar with Alan Robert. But I really think I will be soon.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment