Monday, October 26, 2020

The True Adventures of Adam and Bryon #4

I have an extensive wish list of holiday themed comics. And yet despite how huge that list is, this 1998 Indy comic was not on it. If it wasn't for a search through some dollar bins at an antique, I still wouldn't know anything about this short-lived series.

Despite the title, I doubt that this book is comprised of true stories starring the creative duo of Adam (Walenta) and Bryon (Turner). What I do think this comic is is an attempt to create a CLERKS style comic. The troubles Adam and Bryon have with the ladies and the party-crashing overthrow of an acquaintances Halloween night bash are probably rooted in truth. But I doubt that the party was invaded by a group of escape mental patient mutants. 

I could be wrong. But I doubt it. 

I had a few laughs at this book. But it was rather rough. There's a supposed 5th issue which takes place during Thanksgiving. And I would be open to owning it for my holiday comics collection. But a quick Google search comes up with bupkis. 

Oh well... The search continues.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment