Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Garfield #31

Day 8 of my Thanksgiving reads is my last Garfield book of the lot. When I went looking for Turkey Day books, I found 3 starring everybody's favorite fat cat. 

In this issue, while Jon makes his favorite turkey lasagna for Thanksgiving dinner, Garfield decides to share his thankfulness with the homeless felines down at the train tracks. Inspired by some Thanksgiving cheer, Garfield decides to help his down and out kitty comrades find forever homes.

Then the world's cutest kitten, Nermal, decides to live life like Garfield. That means making a gigantic sandwich, eating it in bed and reading a scary book. Thanks to the massive tummy ache, Nermal dreams that he's Little Red Riding Hood. Only, he keeps getting put in the wrong fairy tale!

My heart just melted in the Thanksgiving set tale. If case you remember, during day one of my Thanksgiving reads, I read another Garfield comic. In that book, there was a story about a cat whom nobody knew his name. Well, in the holiday story, that same kitty is in this story and his name is Benji! Well, it was Benji. I think his new owner calls him Fluffer-nutter or something to that effect.

I hate to see kitties in need. I'd adopt a hundred pusses if I had the room and money. I loved seeing these poor felines finding new homes thanks to Garfield's efforts.

This was a great issue. I even liked the Nermal solo story. That's big because I used to hate Nermal with a passion. I guess over time he's grown on me. There wasn't enough Thanksgiving in this story as even the main tale it seemed that T-Day was more of an afterthought. But this was a very enjoyable read. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment