Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Archie Giant Series #579

I had every intention of reading a Thanksgiving themed book for day 7. But if wasn't meant to be. The book I was to read winded up having a major printing error. The first 2-3 pages were missing which also meant that the last 2-3 pages were gone too! 

This kind of thing is a common error. And it's infuriating when you find out that a prized piece of your collection is anything but complete. 

Since I didn't want to throw off my schedule, I didn't read a Thanksgiving book last night. Instead, I am going to review a Christmas book that I read last year but didn't get to reviewing during the holiday season. 

This giant sized Archie from 1988 is full of holiday cheer. That pesky elf Jingles starts off the fun with another trip to Riverdale. Then Archie and Jughead gift their teachers with a free snow shoveling of their driveways. Then Veronica and Betty help a store Santa who gets wrongly fired by staging a boycott of the department store. Finally Archie and his parents butt heads when the fiery redhead teen decides he'd rather spend Christmas with Veronica and Mr. Lodge. It's a case of Christmas growing pains for sure.

This issue was jammed packed with Christmas goodies. Even the Sabrina one-pager seemed to be holiday based. Or maybe it wasn't originally but the artists decided at the last minute to add a Christmas tree in the background. I appreciate every effort to make the whole book Christmas themed. That's a level of devotion to detail and the holiday spirit intended that I miss in a lot of so-called holiday themed comics. 

I look forward to new Archie holiday specials every Halloween and Christmas. Why Archie Comics doesn't publish a Thanksgiving book is beyond me. I'd surely buy it! 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment