Saturday, November 20, 2021

JSA Classified #32

Thanksgiving reads, Day 4. 


It's Turkey Day and members of the JSA have agreed to host a float for the yearly parade. But when a mysterious pink dust falls upon the parade goers, the heroes go on high alert. They go from threat level yellow to screaming fireball red when JSA arch-enemy Solomon Grundy suddenly appears on the scene. 

He wasn't scheduled to attend! Was he?

The backstory of this issue involves the Alan Scott Green Lantern. This time of year brings up the painful loss of his daughter- the Infinity Inc. heavy hitter, Jade. 

I mention this plot because it ties into the cliffhanger. Normally, I would be upset to have a issue end on a cliffhanger. Especially if I'm not able to read the next issue. But when I bought this book in anticipation for my T-Day readings, I saw that #33 was Christmas themed. I took a leap of faith on this since I knew at some point I was going want the yule tide book as well. It paid off!

But what do I do now? I don't read Christmas stories until it turns December 1st. That's only 10 days away...  Maybe as a special treat I'll read this as a sort of Black Friday reward for myself.

A very good story that made me feel like I was at the Macy's parade or something. But just how old are the Society members? They fought in World War II. This issue was published in 2003. How the heck are 3 elderly heroes probably in their 70s or 80s fighting like they are in peak physical condition? Guess I'll need to research that puzzle as it's the only thing that really kept me from connecting with this great holiday issue.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment