Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Marge Book (The Simpsons Library of Wisdom)


Dive into the mind of the Simpsons family matriarch with The Marge Book

Now what I'm about to say is probably controversial, but I think out of the 5 members of the Simpsons family, Marge has got to be the least popular. There's no way she ranks higher than Homer or Bart. Lisa has got to be a solid third. And I just don't see Marge having more fans than baby Maggie. Yet, despite being a fuddy duddy and probably being more suited to being alive during the nuclear family 1950s, Marge is the heart and hope of America's favorite family.

This book is similar to the others in the Simpsons Library of Wisdom series. You get a couple of X-rays of what's on Marge's mind (along with just about everything she hides in that beehive hairstyle of hers), lists of her favorite and least favorite things, as well as some family history, only this time of the Bouvier's of Springfield USA. 

New to this book is a look at Marge's amateur art career, a serialized account of her desperate attempt to become a part of the neighborhood book club and tons of household tips about how to keep a clean house, especially one comprised of Homer and Bart. The parody segments are the best; like a list of Marge's Netflix account wish list and dangerous toys sold around the town. 

I think after reading this book there's only 2 or 3 that I haven't read yet. Those subjects include Ralph Wiggum, Flanders and Krusty the Clown. I know I've read Homer and Lisa's books. I just can't find evidence of this. That's probably because I read them in the years before I started my reading journal and that was over 15 years ago. OR- I'm confusing myself with the Simpsonology books which are similar in style and shape. Not sure about Comic Book Guy. I feel like I have read that one before. And don't get me started on the list of about 2 dozen 'fine works in progress.' This book is from 2009 and I really don't think HarperCollins ever got around to publishing the promised works about APU, Otto and Grandpa Simpson. Though if I am wrong about that, then I've got quite a few surprises to hunt for at my favorite used book shops.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment