Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Star Trek #20 (DC Comics 1986-1989, 1st Series)"




NOT WORTH CONSUMING  

I’ve not really ever been a Sulu fan. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not him! I meet Takei in 1986 (I was 9! oh my Lord), anyway, I meet him while he and Koening were signing autographs at a video store in Cary, NC.

 Chekov was getting treated like he was David Cassidy or something, so while my Dad I and waited our turned (we had just gotten George’s autograph 1st)- Mr. Sulu actually spent time talking with us. He showed great interest in a young fan and it was really cool getting to talk with him for about 10 minutes.

 I must have sounded like such a dork.

 But, sadly, when it comes to the character of Sulu, besides “Naked Time” and “Mirror, Mirror”, none of the Sulu storylines get anywhere and he’s never been written well for on a consistent basis. This is no exception as last issue was not a great Sulu story.

 This issue is no different. And there’s a nit galore as he’s not even married yet at this time and yet within 15 years his supposed to have a 20-something daughter aboard the Enterprise B.  

 Well, I just can’t rate this issue positively. This issue just wasn’t worth consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment