Thursday, October 11, 2018

Don't Get Me Confused With...

It's come to my attention that there's an entity on Tumblr who has the moniker Madman-with-a-book. He also goes on other social media as Enlightmentality. This person appearantly has several sites in which they offer counseling to abuse victims. This Madman-with-a-book is not a licensed therapist and supposedly uses some questionable techniques. They've also been accused of being emotionally and verbally abusive.

I would like to clarify that I am not that other Madman-with-a-book. I've been maintaining this blog for about 10 years now. My focus is on and has always been on books and pop culture. I do not and never have used Tumblr. Also on other platforms, I do not go by Madman With a Book.

In the past year, I have been writing as both Madman With a Book and my real name, Tony Dillard for the website Outright Geekery. But that is all.

My wife is a licensed clincacl social worker and I have written a couple of articles about mental health and autism in the realm of comic book collecting. But I have never offered counseling advice to any of my readers.

I've noticed my personal readership has gone down in the past couple of months. This is about the same time that Madman-with-a-book began his amatuer clinic. Thank you to those who have continued to read my blog. And special thanks to the reader who pointed out the other Madman-with-a-book so that I can clarify that I am not that appearantly toxic person on other social media platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment