Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Scooby-Doo Team-Up Volume 2


It's like this: I absolutely love Scooby-Doo Team-Up. But I came to the show a little bit late. In fact, I didn't even fully commit to this series until around issue #17. It was then that I wised up and subscribed through my favorite comics shop so I didn't miss an issue.

For one reason or another, this series is on fire. Kids and adults love it. The series is actually more popular than the regular DC kids Scooby comic. SDTU is a monthly issue. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? is a bi-monthly release.

For this very reason, (plus this is a kids comic book), it is nearly impossible to find back issues of Team-Up. That's why I broke down and finally bought this trade release despite having a couple of the issues in reprinted inside. It was more important to me to get to read all of the issues in this series than getting double-helpings of some tales. In fact, when I reread those issues, I still had a ton of fun reading them!

Along with a costume swapping caper involving Jimmy Olsen as Elastic Lad and Lois Lane as Superwoman, this volume contains the critically acclaimed 2-parter in which the Mystery Inc. gang go back in time to meet the Flintstones and then forward in time to pal around with the Jetsons. 

Writer Sholly Fisch is a master at this genre. And I just love Dario Brizuela's art-style. The characters are superior and his repetitive use of backgrounds and certain characters has grown on me. It's not that he's a lazy artist. Instead, Brizuela is trying to capture the feel of those early morning Hanna-Barbera cartoons of the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Very Much Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment