Monday, October 15, 2018

You are Deadpool #2-4



Generally, when I review a series, I read each book in order. Then I post my reviews of the individual issues in order starting with issue #1. I then review all of the numbered issues until I reach the final issue. However with You Are Deadpool issues #2-4, I can't do that.

You Are Deadpool is a RPG comic book. Based on your score in the first issue, you then proceed to issues #2, 3 or 4. If your score is not in the right range, you may not get to issue #2 until you score enough points in issue #4. Also, there are certain special items that would benefit you if you don't do the issues in order. Being that You are Deadpool is a game, you also might have to go in a different order in order to win. 

Yes- in You Are Deadpool, you can die and have to start over as well...

Since I do not want to ruin the fun of game play, here's a general overview of issues #2,3, and 4...



Issue #2: Due to the time machine device you stole in the first issue, you end up in the 1960s. Here you must find the proper fuel in order to re-power the device in hopes of getting back to the future. Your travels will put you either at the origin story of the Fantastic Four or the Incredible Hulk or face-to-face discussing art appreciation with Grasshopper Man?!

Issue #3: Due to the time machine device you stole in the first issue, you end up in the supernatural swamps of the 1970s. Here you must collect a certain number of mystical gems in order to transport yourself through a magical portal in the heart of the swamp. But be careful- if you don't have enough gems, you die and have to start over. Featuring appearances by Man-Thing, a jive-talking eye-patchless Nick Fury and a face-to-face battle with Richard Nixon's minion, Grasshopper Man?!

Issue #3:  Due to the time machine device you stole in the first issue, you end up in the corporate raiding 1980s. Just as you are admiring the Big Apple before Disney got a hold of it, your time device is stolen. In order to get it back, here you run afoul of gritty superheroes such as Daredevil and the Punisher and a souped-out Grasshopper Man?!

I really enjoyed these levels of game play by Al Ewing and Aco. This is the type of Deadpool insanity I have been missing since Wade Wilson became a baddie again thanks to stupid ole' Secret Empire. My favorite issue was the issue #3. I like the 1960s Marvel era very much. But I grew up reading the 70s stuff with it's madcap titles such as Master of Kung-Fu and Werewolf by Night. The 80s was a hit-or-miss time for me when it comes to Marvel and so I wasn't such a fan of that book. Still, this was a lot of fun to read and play and unlike some of those Choose Your Own Adventure books, I actually went back a few times and did the other scenarios to see how things would play out. 



Issue #2- Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.
Issue #3- Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.
Issue #4- Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.
Average rating: 8.333 out of 10 stars,

No comments:

Post a Comment