Friday, February 8, 2019

Die Kitty Die: I Love You To Death! (Free Comic Book Day 2018)

It finally happened. The creators of Kitty Ravencraft's comic book finally killed her off in order to cash in on the tremendous sales that those 'death of' issues rake in! But you can't keep a good character down for good as Kitty's ex Derek, The Warlock will fight heaven and hell to get his beloved back!

Featuring a couple of L'il Kitty adventures that flashback to when Derek and Kitty first met, this Free Comic Book Day release is the jumping point to the new Die Kitty Die mini 'Heaven and Hell'.

Die Kitty Die is yet another example of why I am such a fan of Dan Parent. He kills it every time in his classic Archie tales. Then when he comes over to Chapterhouse to do Die Kitty Die, he skewers the Archie books like nobody else can or should. I love how he parodies a fan favorite of mine, L'il Jinx, in this book! Now if only Parent would bring her back for an Archie special in the near future. 

Co-creator Fernando Ruiz works seamlessly with Dan Parent. I can't tell where Parent ends and Ruiz begins. Though I feel that Ruiz was entirely behind the artwork of the flashback pages and the Kitty splash page on pages 5-6. But still, it's pretty consistent to Dan Parent. 
(I really hope that's considered a compliment as that's what I am intending and probably failing at...)

I loved this FCBD freebie. I am anxious to find the 'Heaven and Hell' storyline either as back issues or in a trade paperback. Fans of Archie and comic book parody really should check this book out!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment